Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Planetary Interaction And Preparing For Downtime

Anytime an extended downtime is announced, I start preparing for the worst.  With today's downtime from 1100 - 1400 GMT to deploy the first part of Incursion, I've gone ahead and made sure I have some 4 day skills in my skill queues.  But this time I also had to prepare for the possible negative effects on my planetary interaction colonies.

Unlike the skills queue, any lengthy extended downtime affects my PI activities.  I don't have a lot of free time so I like to do my clicking when I wake up.  6:30 am in Chicago is 1230 GMT, which falls in the window.  So how do I get around this problem?  On Sunday, instead of setting 23 hour extraction periods, I started running 5 hour cycles.  I could do this on Sunday because all I really did was watch football, and doing planetary interaction every so often wasn't very hard.  Once 10 o'clock rolled around, I started up the 23 hour extraction cycle again.
 
Besides setting the time to when I get home from work, I got a lot more minerals just in case something goes wrong with the patch.  I calculated I have enough to last for over a complete day of downtime at each of my colonies.  But I'll be glad when the downtime is over and I can get back to my morning routine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment