Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

An Uneventful Patch Day

I set aside some time last night to play EVE. I normally don't do anything special during the week, but I'm attending a wedding Friday out of state so if I wanted to play around a little with the 118.9 update, I needed to do so before travelling.

The patch didn't really add a lot to the game. A big complaint for some people was the removal of the in-game browser. I hardly ever used the IGB, even when using Tripwire. I never play in full-screen mode, so I always have access to an out-of-game browser. Personally, with as much screen real estate as the UI takes up, I couldn't see taking up even more space with a web browser.

One change I jumped on right away was the introduction of the command burst charge blueprints. I went out and purchased the BPOs for the skirmish and shield burst charges. The skirmish and shield blueprints I found in the Minmatar Republic. I have the feeling I'll need to do a little travelling to collect them all. But I'll have a good start on researching them. When I get back from the wedding, I'll have the material efficiency maxed out on the BPOs I have. Then I can begin ice harvesting.

Of course, I had to do a little work on my quest for the Nestor. I went to low sec and spent about an hour mining hedbergite in a Procurer. I have a couple of belts with a lot of bookmarks laid out so I can almost always stay aligned. I was afraid that with two strip miners running, I might move out of range of the asteroids before I finished off the rock. Thanks to the Higgs Anchor Rig, I can fly slowly enough to stay in range of the asteroids. I completed collecting the isogen I need and managed to get about 40% of the required nocxium. I still have a long ways to go to meet my zydrine requirements, but I got a good start.

All in all, an uneventful night. Sometimes a person just needs to go out to low sec and do a little relaxing mining. I do need to kick the rust off my Prospect and find some Arkonor or Bistot, but that can wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment