Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Odds And Ends

I'm back to posting. Hopefully work will settle down, but the less said about work, the better. I probably will not post every day, but that just depends on time.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been listening to more game radio and not too many podcasts. Online Gaming Radio's Tuesday night EverQuest 2 block has been a staple of mine for a long time, but I'm also listening to Eve Radio and New Eden Radio. Except for the classic rock it is not exactly my kind of music, but the music does fit Eve Online. And quite frankly, I'm more interested in the on-air talent anyway.

In Eve Online, I've joined Eve University and attended a couple of classes. So far I'm liking it although the Uni has enjoyed peace since I've been in. I'm a carebear, but I've got a couple of Rifters fitted for tackling and am training up my EWar skills to be effective in Vigils. Okay, as a Minmatar player that means target painting, but hey, pilots flying missile boats will like me.

In EverQuest 2, I'm seriously considering canceling my account. I don't really have time to play a lot and I'm getting bored with crafting in the game. I've been doing it for over 3 years and industry and trade in Eve is new and fresh. Last night I was playing EQ2 and I wasn't having fun. I'm paid up through the end of the month, but I don't really see myself playing anymore. The hardest part of giving up the game will be giving up a character I've played so much, so I'll see if I can really give it up.

UPDATE: Eve University was wardec'd at 11:56 GMT today. Looks like it's time to prepare for war.

1 comment:

  1. (EQ2) It was many reasons why I left and yes, Not having fun was way up top the list. With them making it a top end game, It takes the fun away from me. Also it may be that I have been playing in that world (counting EQ) for 8+ years.

    But even with me having a bad taste in mouth with EQ2, I still know that I can come back to it if I was to ever want to.

    (EvE) Sounds as if you are having a blast in EvE. It's nice to be in an open (sand box)MMO world. Being free to play as you wish without having to do 100% quest/mission to level/skill your way up.

    Maybe one day I will give EvE another try.

    ReplyDelete